Sculptors are invited to apply by 15 January 2024
Every year, the Hochschwarzwald Tourismus GmbH, the town of St. Blasien and the Werbe- und Aktivkreis St. Blasien invite full-time artists to apply for participation in the International Sculpture Symposium. The event, which is known far beyond the borders of St. Blasien, will take place for the 27th time from Sunday, 25 August to Sunday, 1 September 2024. Work will be done under permanent tents in the streets of St. Blasien and on the cathedral square - in public and in front of the public. At the end of the week, the works of art will be presented on the Domplatz, where they will be auctioned off in a public auction on Sunday.
All professional artists are eligible to participate. The theme for the work proposal to be submitted is freely selectable. The town of St. Blasien will provide tree trunks (spruce wood only) measuring 160 to 220 centimetres in height with a diameter of 40 to 60 centimetres. Other types of wood may be used, but must be organised and financed by the participants themselves. The deadline for applications is 15 January 2024. An independent jury will make a selection from the submitted proposals at the end of January 2024. The selected applicants will be informed of the result. In addition, the result will be published on this page. A publication presenting all participating artists and their works is planned. An artist's fee of 1200 euros gross will be paid at the end of the symposium and after completion of the work.
Further information for artists:
Christel Andrea Steier
Mobile: Mobiltelefon: +49 (0)171 7645002
or e-mail: kontakt(@)christel-andrea-steier.de
Call for proposals fordownload
- Organiser: Hochschwarzwald Tourismus GmbH, City of St. Blasien, Werbe,- and Aktivkreis e.V.
- Topic: freely selectable
- Place of work: fixed (sun) tents on city streets and squares
- Period: From 25 August - 1 September 2024
- Material:Only spruce: 160 - 220 cm long as trunk unprocessed, diameter approx.40/60 cm. Other types of wood are permitted, but must be broughtor paid for by the participants themselves. The town of St. Blasien will endeavour to reimburse a material cost allowance of up to 200 euros by arrangement.
- Tools: Tools are to be brought by the artist. Individual chainsaws can be provided.
- Occupational health and safety: When using a chainsaw, it is compulsory to wear cutresistant trousers and closed shoes. The applicable accident prevention regulations must beobserved. Noncompliance may result in exclusion.
- Fee: 1200,00 Euro gross, plus flat-rate travel allowance(place of residence - St. Blasien), hotel accommodation, meals and events free.
- Legal claim: The works created during the symposium will becomethe property of the city and will be auctioned off to thehighest bidders.
- Application documents: Fully completed application form: Personal data, personal photo, short curriculum vitae, project proposal with explanation, sketch or photo incl. dimensions.
- Artistic advice and support:
Christel Andrea Steier
or mobile: Mobiltelefon: +49171/7645002
All * marked fields are mandatory item.